AuthAnvil Single Sign On 3.5 supports Zendesk natively so it doesn’t require a lot of configuration to get up and running.
Here are the steps to configure the Zendesk application:
- Log in to the AuthAnvil Manager and click on the Single Sign On tab.
- Expand the Applications section and select the Zendesk application.
- Check the box to Enable the Zendesk application.
- Under Protocol Configuration set the Reply To URL and Audience URI to match your Zendesk account URL: https://example.zendesk.com/access/saml
- Expand the Certificate Authority section and copy the certificate thumbprint to your clipboard. We will need this for a later step.
- Log into your Zendesk account.
- Under Settings click on Security.
- Enable Single Sign On by checking the Enabled box.
- Modify the following settings to reflect your environment:
- Mode: SAML
- SAML SSO URL: https://yourSSOserver.com/sso/federation/passive/Saml2SpInit
- Remote logout URL: https://<your SSO server>/sso
(This is commonly set to the root AuthAnvil SSO Site, or if you would like to sign out of your session you can set it to the logout URL: https://yourSSOserver.com/sso/federation/passive/signout)
- IP ranges (optional): [You may define specific IP ranges to require remote authentication]
- Certificate Fingerprint: (the thumbprint copied from Step 5 of the SSO Application configuration
- Save the configuration
Once you have completed the configuration log out of Zendesk and navigate to your SSO portal. You should see the Zendesk application if you are in a role that has Zendesk enabled.
Click the Zendesk application and you should now be logged into your Zendesk account!
(Note: Make sure your account in AuthAnvil Two Factor Auth (the one you use to log in to SSO) has an email address matching your Zendesk login)